If you own a small business, there are five ways to grow it without wasting a penny on advertising. Too many small business owners think that they have to spend tons of money on traditional advertising if they want to get ahead. Keep reading if you want to be part of the minority and grow your business without spending a dime on ads.
Here are five ways to grow your small business without advertising:
1. Keep in touch with key players in your network. Everyone knows people that can help them get what they want and meet who they want. Keep your ears open for opportunities to enhance your business. Whether you’re in a social situation, in public, or with family, always be on the lookout for opportunities to promote your business.
2. Develop a referral portfolio. Create multiple referral systems so that your customers will promote and sell your business for you. Instead of having just one referral program, create an entire portfolio of different ways that people can show off your business to other like-minded people.
3. Form strategic alliances. Use the sales team and customer lists of successful businesses to your advantage. Form partnerships where you can offer your products to someone else’s established list of buyers. Find people that are already talking to the customers you want to have.
4. Develop a tribe around your business. Create teams, organizations, foundations, and professional groups around your products. Develop ways for like-minded people to get together and talk about your product, and interact with you. It puts a human face on the business and allows your raving customers to promote your work.
5. Market to your customers by placing their needs before your own. Don’t talk about yourself in your marketing. Put your product in the hands of the customer. Show her how you can solve her problem and improve her current condition.